Search Engine Optimization Video
A quick 4 min. Search Engine Optimization Video tutorial for students and clients who want to get a start in online marketing, some terminology and basic concepts of SEO. This video is NOT for Intermediate or Advanced online marketers. We discuss SEO, SEM, Sponsored Ads vs. Organic listings, Search Engine Result Pages, etc.
The Purpose of these Search Engine Optimization Video
I created this Search Engine Optimization Video to be informative, educational (and hopefully not annoying) to give my students (I teach Internet Marketing part-time in the evenings at the local community college.) a better understanding of the basics behind SEO and Search Engine Marketing. With any luck, anyone watching these will better understand the terminology, concepts, and ideas behind search engine optimization.
- SEO = Search Engine Optimization, fine-tuning your web page for specific keyword phrases for specific search engines to get organically* ranked better on search engine results
- Organic Rankings – when someone searches for your keyword phrase, they get sponsored listings and natural listings (unsponsored). These unsponsored listings in a SERP* are organic.
- Ranking factors – hundreds of factors such as…
- Alt tags – code behind any pictures
- Keyword Density – ratio of keyword phrases compared to text
- Prominence – ratio and position of keyword phrases in your body copy
- SERP – Search Engine Ranking Page, the results page when you search for something in a search engine such as Google.
If your web page is not listed on the first page, it is unlikely you will be seen. You need to SEO and submit your page again. (It may be ina field so competive that it might be very difficult to get a top ranking on teh first page.) The first results listed get substantially higher traffic than lower results.
After one look at these, I realize I have the perfect face for podcasting.
Contact Our Marketing Group about how they can assist you monthly as a part-time marketing department without the full time cost, or Metheney Consulting on developing your online marketing, social media marketing, SEO, PPC, email campaigns, pay-per-click advertising strategies, web site maintenance and development, web site design, blog development, and traditional marketing consulting on a project-by-project basis. Our Marketing Group provides digital marketing services for a fraction of the cost via monthly retainers and sliding scale hourly contracts. Call or email us at .
") document.write(' '); // -->