Metheney Consulting works with Left-Hand Publishers as consultants in marketing and book cover design. We pride ourselves on making it easy for authors to get published with a minimal learning curve. Maybe you’re a writer and not an artist. How do you get a great looking design? Don’t know any graphic artists? We have experienced visual artists on staff who have been working in the advertising and literary worlds for decades. We can handle all your design needs.
From initial concepts to consulting about photography vs. paintings, typography, technical placement of elements for printers (ISBN codes, etc.), Metheney Consulting can help you get your cover designed and in a format that your publishers will like.
A great designer should…
- Add depth to the meaning of the story by providing an alternative vision
- It should let the prospective buyer know what genre the work is, without giving away the entire storyline
- know how to place title and author’s name for maximum sales
- understand typography, and it’s emotional impact on the prospective buyer
- utilize negative space for cleaner, uncluttered covers
- understand the Amazon algorithm for scanning images