Book Cover Design
Another service provided is the design of book covers for Left Hand‘s anthologies and some of their authors. In exchange for regular work, Metheney Consulting works as s subcontractor for Left Hand Publishers at a discounted price so that the publishing company can offer their book cover dsign service more affordably thanoutherpublishing companies.
Current book cover designs include:
- Beautiful Lies, Painful Truths Volume I
- Beautiful Lies, Painful Truths Volume II
- Realities Perceived
- The Demon’s Angel by Maya Shah
Book Cover Design Factors
- typography – branding, legibility, uniqueness
- negative space – not too busy
- Amazon cover reading algorthym – Amazon uses cover readability to rank titles (among other things)
- author brand recognition – not just for this cover, but future titles
- color theory – evoking subliminal responses from prospective buyers, brand development
- imagery – photography, painting, illustration – needs evoke “feel” and add depth to the story line without giving away too much
In Full Disclosure
Left Hand Publishers also has contracted Paul K. Metheney to publish several of his upcoming books. Later this summer, they are printing two collections of his short stories and a full-length novel, as well as select several of his short stories to be published in recent anthologies, Beautiful Lies, Painful Truths Vol. I and Beautiful Lies, Painful Truths Vol. II, now on sale.
Contact Our Marketing Group about how they can assist you monthly as a part-time marketing department without the full time cost, or Metheney Consulting on developing your online marketing, social media marketing, SEO, PPC, email campaigns, pay-per-click advertising strategies, web site maintenance and development, web site design, blog development, and traditional marketing consulting on a project-by-project basis. Our Marketing Group provides digital marketing services for a fraction of the cost via monthly retainers and sliding scale hourly contracts. Call or email us at .
") document.write(' '); // -->