I had a client ask for an estimate for a huge site and then off-handedly ask… “Oh, yeah, and throw in an estimate for making it mobile friendly too.” That’s like saying “we would like an estimate for a mansion and toss in an estimate for building a 8-bedroom guest house right next to it“.
Let’s face it, if you already have a web site and it’s not optimized for mobile devices, it’s going to take some work. Mobile Optimized Web Sites are large undertaking but can increase your conversion rate by 500%.
- What would mobile clients want on your site?
- Do they need ALL the content?
- Does it need contact forms or just a phone number and email?
- Can you use the same content or do you need to rewrite it for mobile viewers?
- Are your graphics scalable, able to both shrink and enlarge with minimal distortion?
- Does your PC web site use rollover dropdown menus? How will that work on a phone or mobile device?
- Are your telephone numbers clickable to initiate a phone call directly from the mobile device?
- What devices are looking at your site? (See your analytics for this answer.)
- What percentage of your traffic is mobile? (See your analytics for this answer.)
- Do you have geolocated maps and directions on your current site?
- Do you sell products on your current site? Do you need to do that on the mobile site?
These are just a few of the questions that may come in developing Mobile Optimized Web Sites strategies. A mobile web site is not just an add-on. It can be a complete site all by itself specifically designed for mobile devices or it can be a redevelopment of your current site in a Responsive Web Design that scales itself to the screen size that the viewer is using. Either way, it is not waving a magic wand and making a complete site mobile friendly. Since Mobile traffic is closing on 50% of all web traffic, it is critical you have a mobile presence if you want to remain competitive. Contact Metheney Consulting if would like an estimate of what it take you to optimize your a site for mobile usage.
Contact Our Marketing Group about how they can assist you monthly as a part-time marketing department, SEO specialist, PPC experts, and web designers without the full time cost, or Metheney Consulting on developing your online marketing, social media marketing, SEO (search engine optimization), PPC (Pay-Per-Click advertising), email campaigns, pay-per-click advertising strategies, web site maintenance and development, web site design, blog development, and traditional marketing consulting on a project-by-project basis. Our Marketing Group provides digital marketing services for a fraction of the cost via monthly retainers and sliding scale hourly contracts. Call or email us at .